Friday, September 28, 2007

Good Jeans

(As the last post was extremely serious, I added this one to contrast it! :)

I owe something to my friend, Amy. She is known for her love of jeans (she is truly the jean queen). She is also known as a talented photographer of course, but those who know her well, know that her weakness is jeans. When we first met, I teased her about her expensive jeans, and bragged about my Old Navy jeans and what a great deal they were! One day, she actually showed me research about "good" jeans, and why they really were superior (how they are made, cut, fabric, etc). She knew where to get me...I'm a sucker for good research. I began to grow curious about these "good" jeans, but wouldn't admit it just yet. Then, one day, she took me shopping for a "Christmas bonus" - a pair of "good" jeans. We piled a dressing room at Neiman's FULL of jeans. I finally tried on a pair of dark wash Citizens of Humanity jeans, and I was hooked. I couldn't believe the difference. I eventually even got my hubby on board (which is incredible if you know him) and he now has a couple pairs of "good" jeans. Today, shopping with a dear friend going through a hard time, I got to pass on the small joy of "good"jeans. I spent a couple of hours in Anthropology bringing her different styles and sizes, as I watched this Old-Navy-Jeans-Girl slowly come around. She ended up with a great pair of Joe's Jeans. She winced at the price, but had a smile on her face. Which, considering her current circumstances, was a good thing! Jeans don't make our problems go away, but don't we always feel a little better when we look good? Girls, can you really put a price on a pair of really great jeans? Don't all girlfriends deserve at least one pair of "good" jeans? Yes, we do! Thanks to Amy for converting me...although I know I'll never catch up to the jean queen!
And to the new owner of some great Joe's Jeans - hugs and prayers to you, sweet friend!

No comments: