Our little Garrett turned 5 yesterday. I can't believe it! He is so precious and we are so thankful that God brought him into our family 5 years ago.
We had a great day - starting with pancakes (at Garrett's request) and opening presents. We got him a basketball goal for the driveway (which was a huge hit with Grant as well!). We met a friend for lunch, then went swimming at my parents house with the cousins. For dinner, Scott took us all to the Incredible Pizza Company, which is truly a kids' paradise (kind of like a Mr. Gatti's, but bigger). 
Here he is playing a Nascar game with Daddy!
We had a great day - starting with pancakes (at Garrett's request) and opening presents. We got him a basketball goal for the driveway (which was a huge hit with Grant as well!). We met a friend for lunch, then went swimming at my parents house with the cousins. For dinner, Scott took us all to the Incredible Pizza Company, which is truly a kids' paradise (kind of like a Mr. Gatti's, but bigger). 
Here he is playing a Nascar game with Daddy!Today we are just hanging out, watching the Texas game (hook'm horns!), resting up for the big Putt Putt party tomorrow! :)
In honor of Garrett turning 5, I am listing 5 things I love about Garrett...
1 - he loves to cuddle and hug, always has.
2 - he is a mama's boy, and proud of it!
3 - he is my prayer warrior. He starts every sentence of his prayers with "thank you" (ie - "thank you that you will make my allergies better"). He doesn't ask, he thanks God in advance for answering!
4 - he has a strong will and independent spirit that I know the Lord will use someday to do amazing things!
5 - he is brave - he learned to ride a bike (without training wheels at age 4), he's a climber, he doesn't cry at the doctor (even when getting stitches!), he wants to walk into preschool all by himself (I mean wants me to drop him off in the parking lot. Sorry, Garrett - not happening!)
I finished his cake today! I was able to combine boats and golf like he wanted, but he didn't get the sun and the rainbow. Sometimes we just can't have it all! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment