Saturday, November 17, 2007

Giving Thanks

I am overwhelmed when I think of all I have been blessed with. We all have so much to be thankful for. In honor of Thanksgiving, here is my list:

- God. His goodness and faithfulness I can't begin to fathom.
- Scott and the boys. I am thankful at the end of each day that I got to spend one more day with them! Life is such a precious thing, and life with ones you love is priceless.
- friends. Friends that have stuck with me through it all - those are true gifts, like finding a rare jewel.
- sister. I have the best sister, who is also my friend!

- grandparents. I am thankful for the wisdom they bring to me, and for the joy and mentoring they bring to my boys.
- adoption. That God would choose us for something so close to his heart is truly humbling. We are so blessed (and we can't wait!)
- Hot chocolate. From Starbucks especially. Do they have a Starbucks in Kiev?
- Quiet. I am so thankful at the end of the day, when the dishes are done and everyone is asleep, and I enjoy the quiet. Ahhhhhh!
- Boys. With a husband who doesn't enjoy putting Christmas lights on the house, I am thankful that the Lord gave me two boys who, in a few years, will be GREAT at it! :)
- Decorating a little girl's room. I was meant to have a girl. It's just too much fun. (Counting the days to bring her home...have I mentioned that?)

- Chips and guacamole. Thank you Lord, for the avocado!
- Chilled chardonnay. Mmmm.
- Home. I am so thankful for my home. After living in it for about 7 years, it is now just the way we want it, and I love being home. We have great neighbors, too.
- Girly movies. I mean the real deal - Jane Austin, Gone with the Wind, Wuthering Heights. They just take my breath away. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era.
- Musicals. At the movies or on Broadway, they are one of life's sheer joys.
- The beach. My favorite non-person thing that God made. What a gift to the world - the turquoise waters, the entertainment of the dancing waves, the smell of salt water...
- Cheesecake Factory trips with my girlfriends. After a trying day with the kids, these nights are a little piece of heaven (as is the Dulce de Leche cheesecake)
- Freedom. Thank you to my cousin Luke and the rest of our armed forces. God protect and bless you all.
- Vacations. Nothing more to say about that. Ahhhhhh.

- Gateway Church. What an amazing. life-changing place.
- Answered prayers.

- Target. What would I do without Target?
- Tinker Toys, Star Wars, and Playmobil...the star toys in our house. How else would I ever get anything done?
- Days that end in "Mommy, I wuv you".

I know there are many more things...but I'm off to watch a movie with my sweet hubby. What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Amy Woods said...

I'm thankful that I read your post and it inspired me to think about what I'm thankful for!!!

The Isbell Crew said...

I am blessed beyond anything I could ever deserve!!! I am thankful this season for our child's(children's) mothers-Whatever the situation was when they left, they nutured our children-for at least a while-I thank God for them, because without them, we would not be going to get our babies!

Susan - said...

I agree with so many things on your list, but I had to laugh at the Cheesecake Factory entry. It is our favorite place to eat. (There isn't one in Arkansas though.) And Dulce de Leche is my absolute favorite cheesecake to order.

You have inspired me. I may do a "thankful" blog soon.

Stefanie and Bill said...

I second the Dulce Le Leche Cheesecake. It is my husband and my favorite. We just introduced our son to a piece last week.
Congratulations to your family for your appointment and I look forward to reading your blog as the journey unfolds!
Stefanie