Saturday, March 22, 2008

Court Update

We found out last night that we can't have court on Monday. The SDA was supposed to sign a paper for us, but the director took the day off on Friday, and didn't leave anyone else with permission to sign paperwork in her absence. Technically this is not legal, but this just goes to show that you really can't predict anything with this agency. The paperwork has been ready and waiting there for 2 days and all it lacks is a signature and a stamp. Go figure. I love my private blog. If it was still public, you wouldn't be hearing any of this.

This means we are now hoping for court on Tuesday, and Scott and Oksana will head out after that. Overall, we really don't have anything to complain about as we have found our little girl and she is healthy and safe. We just want to bring her home as quickly as possible...and we miss the boys so much! :)

We are branching out and visiting the Orthodox church tomorrow with Oksana. It's a beautiful church that I have been wanting to visit anyway. It should be interesting! The other Sundays I am here, I'll go with Brandon and Katie to their church. Easter here isn't until well into April, after I am back home. So happy Easter to the western side of the world!

7 comments:

Our Family said...

Sorry to hear about the change in court date. Hopefully the director is back and gets everything signed. We were there on Friday and heard others complain that they didn't get their referral documents signed so some families were not able to leave to see their referrals.

Kathy and Matt said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the delay from the SDA, although it doesn't surprise me. It's still frustrating that it's such broken system.

Scott mentioned the superstition about not drinking cold drinks. One thing that surprised us when we first got to take Leeza was the fact that she wanted hot tea for breakfast. She no longer requests it but it was funny to see this 4 year old sipping her cup of tea everyday.

Aside from SDA delays, it sounds like everything else is going well. I know you're counting the days and we'll be counting with you!

Faithcoach said...

We had a great Easter gathering and G and G and their cousins had their usual blast. It all got wild when Garrett "fell" into the pool, after a brief fright, we all busted into laughter and he continued jumping and swimming. Before long, all the cousins were in their swimsuits and swam all afternoon. Zoey held back a little, but the little boys all cannonballed and swam and enjoyed themselves. A good time was had by all. Miss you and we can hardly wait for Halle to join in the wildness! MOM

Michelle said...

Crap!!! Right now for us who are in country every day counts! We are getting a little bored. I am still hoping we will still meet up in Kiev so we can get the girls together! Is Scott coming back here to travel back home? If not, why don't you stay with us in Kiev? We can try to get the big fancy apartment that April and her family had!!!

ArtworkByRuth said...

We had the same issue, except our judge had a preliminary court date and then a final one after he reviewed the paperwork one more time. We got our son out of the orphanage 17 days after the first court date! Do it all at once if you can!
You are still in our hearts and prayers!
God Bless (and Happy Easter!)

Caleb said...

I thought of you and Scott this morning as we were doing Easter activities and thought of how torn you must feel not being with the boys. But the joy of being with Veeka... What a bummer about tomorrow! My first thought was God's perfect timing. Don't know what He is protecting you from but I do know that He is protecting you. Love and miss you guys!

The Whatley's said...

You are doing great! In a lifetime of memories...this is just a blip! You guys will be glad when you come home and the weather is perfect! I can't wait to meet her...maybe in Wal-Mart! You are a super great momma...and scott's pretty cool! We just got back from Easter in San Antonio - no internet at grandmas! so I was anxious to catch up! I love ya!
The Whatley's