Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day 2 - Mariupol

Scroll down and read yesterday's post first...then come back.

We have NO internet. We finally found this Internet Cafe, which is a small basement-type room with about 10 computers, mostly taken by middle-school aged boys playing video games. I really wanted to upload some video of our little one, but I can't do it here. Maybe later. We have videos of her poem from yesterday, and a dance she did for us today!

Today's visit with her went even better. It is precious to see her run to us with her arms open wide when she first sees us! We didn't get to play outside with her like we'd hoped (some of the kids have colds or something, so no outside playing - whatever!). We visited her in a small room, and she played with the measuring tape (super fun!). She still had the little doll we brought her yesterday - she loves it! She wrote her name for us today and drew us a picture of her doll, with the sun, sky, and grass...she's a great little artist!

By the way...her name will be Halle Grace Victoria (they call her Vika in the orpahange, and so do we for now).

That's all for now...we're ready to go find some lunch. I hope to post more pictures...we'll see!
To Grant and Garrett - we won't be able to call or email as much as before...but we are thinking of you everyday and can't wait until we are all together again! We love and miss you! (((HUGS))))

13 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

Oh how familiar we are with that little room. I hope you are able to get outside with her some in the near future. It's funny how they keep the kids in, if anyone has a cold and then when they go out, they are bundled up as if they are in the arctic!

Halle Grace Victoria is a beautiful name. I recall from an earlier post you said her name would be Halle Grace and I thought it was so pretty.

Can't wait to see more photos as you're able to post them. We are so happy for you that things are going so well.

Did you find a place to stay that's convenient?

Caroline said...

You are redeeming the month of March for your family indeed. Halle sounds so delightful--a treasure! Congratulations on your dream come true. :-)

Caleb said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I can't stop crying - TEARS of JOY!!! Our Father is so awesome! I cannot wait to meet her and see the completeness she brings to your family!

AshworthFam said...

Wow! What an intense moment to find your daughter! We are so thrilled...and we are praying along with you guys for all the details! She's just beautiful!!

Love, Crista

Rene said...

Oh my goodness! What a blessing. I can't stop crying. She's just beautiful. I am so very proud that you have found each other. My heart is just wrenching for the other children....really hits home a little deeper than one might like. You know...out of sight - out of mind type thing. Thank you for including us in this experience....all the ups, downs and in-betweens.

Please update us on your timeline of how things are expected to go. Can't wait to see more pictures! What size is she? Size 5? She looks just perfect!
Love and prayers,
Rene

Amy Headington said...

I can not wait to meet her! She sounds like the perfect answer to your long prayers! I love her already and cant wait to meet her...what a great little friend she and Adi will make with all the baby dolls!!! Keep the pictures coming and I promise to take some real ones when you get home...LOL!!! We miss you!

Brooke said...

Scott and Julie,

So happy for you and that sweet little girl. She's absolutely adorable with those little freckles!

It's exciting to watch Gods hand in this every step of the way. I've loved getting all the updates and knowing what to specifically pray for you each day.

Brooke

ArtworkByRuth said...

So glad you found eachother! You will never forget the first time you met, held her and knew she was yours!
God bless!

The Silvia Family said...

OK - I finally figured out how to post a reply!!!! Woo hoo! We are so excited. Reagan is laughing at me as I've been crying all over the computer! We are so happy for you all and your daughter is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her! What a wonderful answer to all of our prayers!

The Whatley's said...

Halle Grace is an ok name...I would call her Elizabeth if it were me! JK JK JK!!!!

She's gorgeous...you are doing a great job! Keep positive, there is no way to turn a negative thought into a positive action...so no matter what - keep it positive.

Tell her how fun Gateway is...how crazy bible class is...how much fun she's gonna have Jesus style!

You guys have fun over there! Get a lil crazy...you're awesome parents.

Tell Scott that TSOF was crazy today! Shea won and scored 3 td's without Scott's help on the sidelines! Hey Halle Grace "Elizabeth" Hinshaw might get to be a cheerleader! YAHOO!!! Seriously, consider the name...it comes with a great tradition of goodness and beauty!

laters,
The Whatley's

Kelly Vaughn said...

This is incredible!! You have responded in faith and the Lord has led you every step of the path all the way to Halle Grace...God is so good and responsive in intimate ways to our heart's desires. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Our prayers continue!

Kelly and Randy

Ashlee said...

Julie-As soon as I scrolled down I burst into tears as I saw her with you 2. How sweet the Lord is-he is so GOOD to us. Can't stop thinking and praying for you and I cannot wait to meet her. Love you!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Beautiful name. We, too, used our guy's Ukrainian name while visiting. But shortly before taking him from the internot, we started teaching him his new name. We'd point to him and say "Pa Roosky Stasik, Pa Anglaysky William". This worked great, and by the second day he was with us, he'd tell us no if we called him Stasik!