We have our appointment time - 11am tomorrow. That's 4am Texas time. And, yes, we will pray that God will wake many of you up to pray for us! :) Today wasn't a good day at the SDA. We heard there were a couple of families who were not shown any files in their range of age, health, gender. Not good. Though our range is a little broader than theirs, it's not by much (girl, up to 5yrs - which is Garrett's age). But we are staying hopeful and faithful - it's our only choice! We need a miracle to find our daughter at this point, and we are believing God for one. I won't go into detail about what is going on right now at the SDA, but it has not been good for international adoption.
In other news, we explored the city today! We walked everywhere - and it is just beautiful. We met Drew, Michelle and their son Luke at a cafe today, and that was great getting to know them. Their appointment is at the same time as ours tomorrow - how crazy is that? They are hoping for a girl up to 7. Their son (8) is so polite, and so sweet!
We are back at the apartment tonight, relaxing and praying before the big day tomorrow. We have LOVED reading your comments and emails - they are so encouraging and really feed our spirits right now.
By the way...the KievStar texting thing isn't working. Do any of you adoption veterans know what's wrong or why it wouldn't be working?
My next post will be after the SDA appointment tomorrow.
Here are some pics of our apartment, a few Kiev sights, and us with Drew, Michelle, and Luke. Enjoy!







Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Kiev - Day 3
Labels: Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





16 comments:
We were out of town for a funeral and I could not wait to check on you today! Praying so hard for you guys! SO HARD!
Hello, you sweeties, yes, I'm praying that God will work his usually wonderful miracles. We await his workings!! I miss you. I woke up at 3 am praying for you. MOM (My friend Nancy right here by my side ...said...I'm praying too!!)
Hi Guys! I will be awake here in Spain and thinking of you and praying all goes well for both your family and Drew & Michelle. Hang in there ~ hugs and love from Spain!
WOW! I am so nervous, I will find myself driving down the road - and I'm like "what's wrong? did I forget something?" and then I remembered you! I am so anxious and excited...isn't that weird. God is good...
later chicky - and you too big boy!
The Whatley's
In our first 24 hours in Kyiv, God opened our minds and our hearts like you would not believe. He led us to a boy that is undoubtedly our son and a perfect fit for our family. He was "older" by many standards, and was older than the age we had started out looking for, but he is ours. God made that clear in a number of ways at the SDA appointment, and I am so thankful that He had us really step out on faith.
Just before leaving for Ukraine, I was listening to Dr Charles Stanley on the radio on the way home from a business trip. I never have really listened to him before, so I know that God had me tune it at the exact right time. He was preaching on 2 scriptures that brought us much comfort as we went into our appointment...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3: 5 – 6
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31: 8
I'm praying!!!
Praying for God to move on your behalf (and on behalf of the child He has for you). Our God is big and His plans cannot be thwarted. I hope His plan is for you to get your child the first time around!
Gina
Thinking of you guys. The verse I love and held in my heart my first adoption (and this one too) is
"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" Exodus 14:13-14
Blessings, Stefanie
Still praying for you to find your daughter at your appointment tomorrow. I can't imagine how you must feel right now. So many emotions. Remember that God is good all the time.
In His love,
Krista
Praying for you guys.
Hey, I am enjoying following along on your journey and find myself thinking about ya'll all the time. I am praying for your little girl.
Love, Shannon
I've got everyone I know praying for you guys!! I know this will all work out for God's glory!!Prayed for you the whole time I was working out this morning & I will DEFINITELY be praying in the morning -- feel the strong prayers from 5:30 - 7:00!!! I won't say "Good Luck" b/c I don't believe in "luck" but I'll say "God's Blessings" instead!!
I love reading all the posts of people praying for you and sharing their favorite scripture. That was so uplifting to us as we waited for our appointment. The women from my Bible Study Fellowship group provided me with a list of the verses they relied on most in times of stress, and needing guidance or peace. I recall being up much of the two nights before our appointment praying and reading through my Bible. My most fervent prayer was that He make His will abundantly clear and if that was for a specific child, make us certain. I also prayed for His guidance and grace if it ended up that His will was for us to go home without a child. That certainly was not my desire, but I knew deeply in my heart that if it happened, there was a reason that God felt it was the right answer for us at this point.
Some verses that helped us:
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:6-7
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
God loves you and your family. Praying that His will for you is to get a referral tomorrow for your little girl!
Wow! I will pray for you! Can't wait to hear what happens at your appointment and to meet your little girl once we move to Texas!
I just happened to still be up and knew that your appointment is soon. I came on and your time says that it is in 30 minutes. I hope you feel the prayers. I hope and pray that your appointment goes even better than you hope it can.
:) Krista
I will be waking up at 4 am because we are leaving for the airport at 4:45. I will be praying for you during that time. The Lord led you on this journey for a reason. He is faithful..always...and everywhere!!
It is so fun looking at your pictures of Kiev. They are still so real to me. It feels like we were just there. We are thinking of you.
Monty and Heather
Post a Comment