Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two-Monthiversary

Today, Halle Grace has been with us for 2 months. It's been amazing, truly, and we can't imagine life without her. In this two month time period, she has experiences countless firsts, her hair has grown longer, she's got some Texas color on her cheeks, and her English is amazing. She speaks mostly in English now, with Russian mixed in when she doesn't know the English word for what she wants to say. I wanted to do another video interview today, but the day got away from us. Tomorrow...

Today we had swim lessons and a trip to the water park. Halle Grace and the boys were up in line for a slide in the kids' area when Halle Grace got stung by a bee!!! The lifeguard carried her down and I ran over to them. Halle Grace was screaming and I had to run to keep up with the lifeguard carrying her towards the first aid clinic. She asked me if she was allergic or if she had been stung before. Of course, I had no idea. I explained that we had recently adopted her from Ukraine. The lifeguard just looked at me and said, "Does she speak Russian?". I said yes, and she immediately began speaking to Halle Grace in Russian! She asked her if she had been stung before and Halle Grace said no. She went on explaining that they were going to put some medicine on it and that it would be ok (at least I think that's what she was saying. Like I had any idea! Ha!). But it sure put Halle Grace at ease. After she was treated and feeling a little better, the lifeguard explained that she had been adopted from Russian 5 years ago with her 2 siblings. How crazy is that!!! It just goes to show that the Lord is still answering all those prayers for comfort that we sent up on her behalf. What a sweet gift her gave her today!

After the obligatory drama, Halle Grace was back on the water slides in no time. They are all in bed now, thoroughly exhausted. Tomorrow is the last day of swim lessons. She and Garrett have done so well and made so much progress! Halle Grace is still afraid of deep water, but she is actually swimming, so that's fine with me!

Here's a little memory-lane walk from April 11, followed by two current picture of Halle Grace with her brothers (sorry, they're repeats!).
The Lord has truly blessed us beyond all our expectations.




7 comments:

Michelle said...

Isn't it mysterious the way things work! How cool to have someone comfort you and you can totally understand what they are saying.

Glad to hear swim lessons are going so well.

ArtworkByRuth said...

Oh WOW! It can only be a GOD thing! Slava bogu!

Kalee said...

big tears in my eyes!! =) I wish I was there to spend more time and see these amazing things you guys are experiencing!!! Love ya'll.. send hugs from K'ALEE lol. OH .. by the way. I met these guys who are from RUSSIA.. they are AMAZING-ly gorgeous!! lol. love ya'll!!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Happy 2 months to you all! Time sure flies, doesn't it?!

Isn't it amazing how God provides in little ways that we would never even imagine? :)

Kathy and Matt said...

Two months already. WOW!

We're coming up on 4 months next week. It is hard to believe how fast the time has gone, and yet even harder to remember life without these little cuties.

I'm so glad the lifeguard was able to comfort her. God is so awesome and when he puts people like that in our paths, it just reminds us how he is overseeing every detail in our lives.

Congrats as you celebrate 2 months with Halle Grace home!

Susan - said...

Wow, what a blessing that a lifegaurd who spoke Russian was on duty and was the one who was there for Halle Grace. I started to say coincidence, but that was NOT a coincidence.

Meredith said...

That's an amazing story! God is so good!