We have been BLOWN AWAY by the response at the kids' school. The orphanage care package drive has been wildly successful - and there's still 2 days to go! Every day this week, I have gone up to school to take loads of loads of stuff home. Grant, Garrett and Halle Grace have been promoting the drive all week on their video morning announcements, which they think is super-cool. We so proud of their enthusiasm for this project, and I pray that it will instill in them a life-long love of service and showing compassion to others.
So far, it's all piled up in the garage - but tomorrow I plan to begin sorting through the loot. I'll try to post pics. It will be a sight to behold. We might need to take out a loan to ship it all! :)
(by the way, we are using Meest to ship. It's slower, but MUCH cheaper)
I wish my kids could be flies on the wall the day the boxes arrive at Solnitchka...especially Halle Grace. If it wasn't so incredibly hard to get there, I'd be tempted to deliver it ourselves!
On a different note...and because it's my blog, and I can...here is my favorite political quote of the day: "Remember that it took a President Carter to bring us to a President Reagan" (sorry, I can't remember who said it...Rush? Mark Davis? Don't know...:)
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Our Box Runneth Over!
Labels: Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Hi Julie,
Will you explain more in detail what you're sending to the orphanage? I would be interested in doing something similar for Keith & Kristina's orphanages here in Ukraine. How did you get it set up and how were you able to petition the schools in your area to help? You can email me at jilldpierce at yahoo dot com
Thanks!
Glad the drive is going well, that is so exciting.
Love the quote!
I love your quote
I do wish you could be there to see their expressiona. Does Hg ever remember packages like that coming?
I think I came to the conclusion that the election was over before it began, even though that is not the way I wanted it to be. But he's not all bad. I keep telling myself that we survived 8 years of Clinton...
Post a Comment