I want to remember the small joys of being the mom of Grant, Garrett, and Halle Grace. Here is my list of my recent little joys...
1 - There has been a pink bow nestled into the driver's floorboard of my car for a couple of weeks now. I keep forgetting to bring it in, yet, everytime I see it while getting into the car, I am so thankful that the Lord has giving us our precious daughter. That pink bow is a reminder of the gift and the miracle that she is.
2 - Garrett has only had one temper-tantrum day this week. That is a huge accomplishment for him and it makes me SOOOOO happy! That's no small joy...
3 - I got to lead math groups in Grant's class this week and I just love doing that! I am so proud that Grant is such a smarty, but I also love seeing what a fun kid he is and how loved he is at his school.
4 - I love that when one of the girls in Halle Grace's class told her to only wear dresses on Wednesdays and Thursdays (she was wearing a dress on Tuesday), Halle Grace told her that she wasn't the boss of her. Way to go, HG, you tell her!
5 - I love the way Garrett's face lights up when he tells us that he is now the fastest kid in his class. Isn't that every boy's dream? I'm sure it won't last, but he's enjoying it now!
6 - I love that my boys cleaned off and set the table for me last night without even being asked.
7 - I love how Grant was still complementing the hamburgers I made last night this morning.
8 - I love that Garrett is such a cuddler.
9 - I love that Grant is learning to love reading and often reads without being asked.
10 - I love that Grant often helps Garrett make his bed out of the kindness of his heart.
11 - I am sad to see Halle Grace's curls go, but I am so happy to see how thick and healthy her hair is becoming! It's amazing the difference good nutrition makes.
12 - I love how every night, Halle Grace thanks God for putting her in our family.
13 - I love that Grant never gives up on asking God to make his teeth straight so he doesn't have to get braces.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Life's small joys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You sure know how to make a grandma cry!!
That is so awesome that HG stuck up for herself! That will take her far in life!
Great to read your recent posts. Sounds like everyone is doing really well.
We just hit the 1 year home milestone. Seems like just yesterday.
Post a Comment