Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation

A bittersweet day for a mom. Kindergarten graduation. Having two graduate at the same time was tough - I can't begin to imagine what high school graduation will be like. I won't think about that now.
Their part was "J is for jingle - a bell makes that sound. J is for jet that flies all around". They were by far the most talented kids up there. :)
My dad has the really good pics...I'll have to get those and post them later.

This was a shining moment in my career as a mom. I had on my calendar that Kindergarten Graduation was at 1pm. Scott had arranged his work calendar to be there, and my parents were planning to come as well. I planned to get up to school super early to get front row seats - we are, after all, the only family with 2 graduates! I got the kids all dressed up and sent them off to school. I was in my PJs washing dishes when I got a call from the kids' teacher around 8:30am. Ms. Herndon said, "Halle Grace says that you believe the graduation is this afternoon. You know that it's at 9:00 this morning, right?"
Uh, no. NO!
I threw on some clothes and made phone calls as quickly as I could. We all made it - even Scott made the 30 minute trek and didn't miss more than 5 minutes. We were, however, nowhere near the front row.
Whew! It was one of those days I was SO glad to have a "type A" daughter!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Don't you hate when stuff like that happens!!!You are completely sure of something are are so far off!!!

Glad you all made it and weren't late!