Friday, July 10, 2009

Painting Marathon Completed

If there was a kitchen painting marathon, I would have medaled for sure. I painted the walls three times to get the color right, and I primed and painted all of the cabinets. Whew! Here are some shots from along the way...

I started with the island. I painted it a bright aqua blue and then used 3 different glazes.


Here is the kitchen in all stages...some finished, some primed, some not. There is also a row of cabinets along the sink and across the way by the little bar. That's a lot of paint.


Here is the finished product! I think I'm going to have glass panels put into the cabinet doors over the microwave to break up all the cream. And we haven't put the hardware on yet. But much better, don't you think? I wish I had a "before" pic with the wallpaper...I forgot to mention that part.


And just for fun, here are the kids with their cousins dancing to Michael Jackson! :)

7 comments:

LYN said...

Wow, what talent you have. Must have been raised with it!! Cute kiddos! Love, Dee

The McEacherns said...

The kitchen looks fabulous! Way to DIY!

Unknown said...

Hi Julie, I've attempted to paint my bathroom but not my kitchen cabinets. We have the same oak cabinets in the kitchen. How many coats of white did it take so you could not see the wood grain any longer? (at least I cant see any grain in the pics) Did you use oil based paint or latex? I know alot of questions but I've been contemplating this but not brave enought yet!

Leanne :-)

SG said...

WOW! I'm so impressed. Why am I so scared to paint my cabinets? I've been debating it for YEARS!

SG said...

Oh and by "WOW!" I mean I love it!!! Can't believe how it brightens and opens the room up! GREAT JOB!

Susan - said...

Your kitchen looks great. I would love to paint my cabinets, but I am too chicken.

The Crazy Roots said...

That kitchen looks just like you now! You are such a bluey girl! It was great to run into you at church and catch up!