



As usual, I shed a few tears. I just can't believe how fast they are growing up! They were all a little aprehensive this year - new school and all. I know they were really missing all the familiar faces at Liberty (and so was I!). Liberty's size (and the people, too) really made it feel like a family. But we will have a great time getting to know new friends, and soon, I'm sure Hidden Lakes Elem. will feel like home. Grant was struggling a little this morning. He's really missing his friends. I don't blame hime - the older you are, the harder it is to move. But as Scott says, it will be a good experience for him to get out of his comfort zone a little bit. I'm praying for them all day - that the Lord will be right by their sides, bring along a special friend or two for each of them, and give them peace and confidence. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Now I'm in this quiet house trying to decide where to start. So much many projects to finish around here!
Monday, August 24, 2009
1st and 3rd Grade - Here we Come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Awww they are all so cute and such warm and friendly kids I'm sure they will make lots of new friends.
It was so great getting to see you all and finally meet Halle Grace.
Love you, Aunt Carrie
Luke has moved so many times and as much as I know the moves were all for the right reasons and it helps him to learn to be flexible it is still hard for me to watch him be uncertain. But the 3rd week into school he already has a handful of friends and seems to be happy.
Sage is so easy going that she can make a friend at the grocery store!
Hope the day was good!!!
Cute first day pictures! Once I get my act together I will catch up with the blogging a bit. My kids started today and Tate (kindergarten) starts on Friday. No more excuses for the house work then, I suppose.
Laughing because our taste is so similar. Julian wore pretty much the same thing as Grant to school today, Lily picked out the same skirt (exactly I think) and tank top (the white one with the heart) at Nordstrom last weekend, and Sophie just got some New Lelli Kelly's again. We would have a blast shopping together! I'll have to take a picture of Lily in her outfit tomorrow for you. She wore a more toned down outfit for the first day (I had her pick from her new dresses) but tomorrow she will look like Fancy Nancy. ;)
Hope the kids are loving school and their new friends in no time. They are so sweet they will probably have a handful of buddies by the end of the week.
:) Krista
Hope their first day was great! William was a bundle of nerves for his first day of first grade (especially because he switched from the comfort and familiarity of his very small private half-day kindergarten to the great big full-day public school). But he's in his third week now, and is loving it!
Great back to school pictures!
Post a Comment