Checking the mail is our younger son's, Garrett, beloved job. He is 4 1/2 and he relishes the idea of walking out the mailbox - all by himself - to retrieve the mail. It's one of the highlights of his day, actually (oh - to be so easily pleased...). Lately, I admit that I've been a little stingy with this honor. We are waiting on our I-171H (last thing we need for our adoption dossier). We expect it anytime now (during the next couple of weeks). I find myself sneaking out to get the mail without Garrett knowing because I'm just dying to find out if it came today! Then when Garrett wants to check it, I don't have the heart tell him I already did. So off he goes, only to return empty-handed. I don't think he minds, though. For him, it's the journey that's important, not the end result. Funny how adoption is the opposite - the journey is the part you endure so you can get to the end result.
I get the stack of mail in my hands (either from the mailbox or from Garrett) and I slowly flip through each credit card offer, hoping to see that official US gov logo on the return address spot...
Once it comes, Garrett can gladly resume his job without my sneaky interference! Oh let it be soon!
I get the stack of mail in my hands (either from the mailbox or from Garrett) and I slowly flip through each credit card offer, hoping to see that official US gov logo on the return address spot...
Once it comes, Garrett can gladly resume his job without my sneaky interference! Oh let it be soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment