For my big boy, it's been a year of firsts. His first bike ride without training wheels. First visit from the tooth fairy. First time to read all by himself. First weekly allowance. Tomorrow, Grant begins first grade. The first year of real sit-at-your-desk school...especially since we are in a half-day kindergarten district. This will be his first time to eat in the cafeteria and go to music and art. I don't know how it happened so fast - how he got to be so big. I'm sure I'll be saying that every year until he's 30!
We had some "parent homework" from his teacher, just a questionnaire. One of the questions was - "what is special about your child?", and she gave us 2 lines. TWO lines! I could have written a book! You just can't explain how special our Grant is in a couple of lines. He is the life of every party. He has a gift for making ANYTHING fun. He loves life and truly squeezes the most out of it. He is compassionate and sensitive to others (except for his brother, on occasion!). He has a knack for being friends with everyone and refuses to choose a favorite. He loves babies and can't wait to help take care of "baby sister". He loves the outdoors, sports, the ocean, camping, hiking...everything "boy". He loves strawberry pancakes with whipped cream. He loves God, and he wants to play the guitar and be a worship leader when he grows up. He knows Star Wars inside-out and would make a GREAT Jedi knight. He has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen, and the most precious freckles any little boy ever had! He is headstrong and feisty and full of energy. Not necessarily a teacher's dream, but I wouldn't have him any other way. I cannot wait to see what amazing things God has in store for his life. He's a great kid, and I am thrilled that the Lord chose me to be his mother.
Happy first day of school, Grant. I am so proud of you!
We had some "parent homework" from his teacher, just a questionnaire. One of the questions was - "what is special about your child?", and she gave us 2 lines. TWO lines! I could have written a book! You just can't explain how special our Grant is in a couple of lines. He is the life of every party. He has a gift for making ANYTHING fun. He loves life and truly squeezes the most out of it. He is compassionate and sensitive to others (except for his brother, on occasion!). He has a knack for being friends with everyone and refuses to choose a favorite. He loves babies and can't wait to help take care of "baby sister". He loves the outdoors, sports, the ocean, camping, hiking...everything "boy". He loves strawberry pancakes with whipped cream. He loves God, and he wants to play the guitar and be a worship leader when he grows up. He knows Star Wars inside-out and would make a GREAT Jedi knight. He has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen, and the most precious freckles any little boy ever had! He is headstrong and feisty and full of energy. Not necessarily a teacher's dream, but I wouldn't have him any other way. I cannot wait to see what amazing things God has in store for his life. He's a great kid, and I am thrilled that the Lord chose me to be his mother.
Happy first day of school, Grant. I am so proud of you!






3 comments:
He does have beautiful blue eyes!
I can't wait to see pictures from the first day of school!!!!!!!
Hi Julie and Scott,
I am glad you started a blog! Your boys are super cute. Grant's eyes are going to get him in trouble someday!!
How exciting about the adoption! That is the field I work in so let me know if I can help you in any way. Can't wait to follow your journey!
I thought Keller was the only half-day district around. I bet Grant will have a wonderful school year.
BTW, I know a lot of resources about adopting an older child. I also know a very good doctor in this area who specializes in international medicine. Let me know if you need anything. My email is adoptionanswers@verizon.net
Post a Comment