In my previous post, I was pretty down about this family whose blog I follow. They were planning their trip home from Ukraine, without finding the daughter they hoped to adopt. They refer to their time in ukraine (about 3 weeks now) as a roller coaster ride. In the final hour, literally, they were contacted about a little girl that was available for adoption. They decided to take another chance and travel to meet her. They met her, and knew right away that she was meant to be their daughter - she was the one God so creatively led them to. With all the obstacles and red tape in Ukraine, it reminds me of what a dark and fallen world we live in. I am reminded of Daniel, who prayed to the Lord for help, only to be anwsered 10 days later. When the arch-angel, Michael, appeared to Daniel, he told him the reason for his delay. He was battling - and it took him 10 days to fight through the powers of darkness to get to Daniel. It made me wonder if sometimes our "roller-coasters" are just after-shocks of the spiritual battle being fought on our behalf. In the case of this famiy, I believe so. Read their story here. They are heading home tomorrow to be with their children for Christmas, then they will return to Ukraine for their January court date to adopt their little girl! Praise God for this great victory!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Now that we're back and have commenting capabilities, I wanted to tell you just how much your posts about our situation meant to us! :) I cried when I read your last post about all of the insecurities of a Ukranian adoption. You're right, we did and do still feel called by God to adopt from Ukraine. And as you can see He was faithful.
Don't let our experience worry you too much. You are called for a reason. I can't wait to find out what He has in store for you! :)
Post a Comment