Friday, May 23, 2008

Decisions

I made a big decision this week.

We have some friends that work at a local Christian school - one that we are interested in sending our kids to someday. Our friends told us there is a 6th grade opening this Fall. Our plan eventually, is for me to teach at a Christian school so our kids can attend there as well. This is not the timing we anticipated, but I love 6th grade! Their positions don't come available very often, so it was a big decision whether to apply or not.

After much prayer, we decided that this is not the time for me to go back full-time. I know that Halle Grace and Garrett are both going to need me quite a bit this year as they begin Kindergarten, and I just feel that I wouldn't have enough time to give them. I met with the headmaster of the school anyway and gave him my paperwork. I wanted him to know that I would like a future there at some point, but didn't feel that I could really put my heart into it this year. He was great about it - completely respected my decision. I feel like we hit it off well and hope that he'll keep me in mind for the next opening! I feel complete peace that this is the right choice for our family at this point. I can't make the decision to go back to work out of fear that this would be my only opportunity. I know the Lord will provide the right one when the time is right.

In the meantime, I am so blessed to be able to stay home with the kids, give them my full attention, volunteer at their school, etc. This has already been a big year, and I am happy to just have a low-key rest-of-the-year (low-key is a relative term...:)
And who knows what God will bring in the next few years!

Garrett, Halle Grace, and I just hung out this week. They have really had time to play with each other, and are so bonded. They will go off and play for hours! We also visited our city's new library - and it's amazing! Grant got a new Magic Treehouse book, which he read in two days. Garrett chose basketball books, and Halle Grace chose gynmastics books. We signed her up this week, and she is SO excited! She got a leotard as a gift from a neighbor, and she has been sleeping in it every night - dreaming of gymnastics! Funny girl! She starts in June, and she is counting down the days. Garrett has chosen a basketball camp this summer, and Grant is doing a football camp. Other than those, swim lessons and our church's VBS, thats about it for our summer. We plan on camping out at the water park or the pool most days. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

I agree with your decision not to go back to work right now. I think the 2 little ones will need you, but the opportunity for down the road sounds good! :-)

SG said...

When Kolby was born I was not sure about going back to work or staying home. A woman I truly admire said "You'll never regret the years you spend staying at home, but you might someday regret the years you worked when you could have stayed home."
So far I have found that to be true.
Glad you can stay home a little longer with your three sweet kiddos.

junglemama said...

I think you made a wise decision. Staying home one more year will be good for your kids. You'll be home when they get out of school. That is important. BTW, I"m really enjoying your blog.