Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's Summer Time!

I've been hearing the "What Time is it?" song from HSM in my head all day long! Big day - Grant is now a 2nd grader! He had a great day, winning the "Most Dependable" and "Fastest Runner" awards. We are so proud of him. He has grown up so much this year and has really matured into a compassionate, independant kid who loves to learn. We celebrated the beginning of summer vacation by doing the High School Musical dance in front of the school, then we went out for ice cream. I had Kalua Almond Fudge. Yummmmmm.
(yes, I was kidding about the dancing...but that would be kinda fun. hehe!)

Grant's end-of-year party was yesterday. Every time a party comes around, I ask myself again, "why am I the room mom again?". We all know the answer to that one..."because no one else wanted to do it!". It really wasn't that bad. I had an amazing helper and she really stepped up while I was in Ukraine. We had a great year!

Garrett and Halle Grace started swimming lessons yesterday. They are going so well! Garrett is learning his stroke techniques and Halle Grace is learning the basics. She's already made huge progress and LOVES every minute of it. Garrett is also working on learning to dive. I took some "before" video yesterday, so we'll have to compare his progress at the end.

I was going to load some pictures, but my camera is dead. It's charging now so check back later if you're interested... :)

5 comments:

Stefanie and Bill said...

Julie! Happy Summer! We got our appt date! Hugs! Stefanie

Shannon said...

It looks like little Halle and the boys are doig so well! We are getting ready to celebrate 1 year home with Eli!

Kathy and Matt said...

Just wanted to let you know that Leeza watches the video of Halle Grace over and over. So much so, that she can practically recite all her answers with Halle!

It's really cute to see her watching so intently.

Enjoy the summer. Ours is starting off with a whimper (cool, rainy, etc) but we hope that will change soon.

Meredith said...

My daughter sang that song all day last Friday on their last day of school. I thought the dance in front of school would have been fun, too! But, my son was not so keen on the idea. Happy summer fun!!!

LYN said...

I'm back and forth from San Juan and Miami, but had time to check the blog. I love keeping in touch with my sweet grandkids...Love, DEE