Monday, July 21, 2008

Blog Slacker

I'm such a slacker! (do people even still use that term, or am I totally 80s?) My friend April had a horrible thing happen to her home while she was on vacation (a vacation she was blogging about). She didn't think the blog was the reason their home was ransacked, but she cancelled her blog just in case. I admit it just turned me off to blogging for awhile. I'm still a little unsure how I feel about it. Maybe I'll go private again. We'll see.

Anyway, we've been staying busy and enjoying our summer. Garrett got to go visit Aunt Kathy for a few days last week and just had the time of his life. They went fishing every day, visited Uncle Kenny at the fire station where he got to ride in the fire truck, and took a trip to Wonderland. A little boy's dream week!
Halle Grace really wanted a turn, and we weren't sure she'd make it past the driveway. Boy were we ever wrong! Truth be told, it was harder on me. She's having a grand old time! She loves talking to all of us on the phone and telling us all about what she's doing in Amarillo. Such a sweetie. It's just not the same around here without her, that's for sure!

Grant has football camp this week, and he is just in heaven. Now that July is winding down, it feels like school should be starting, but it's still another month away. And it's crazy hot! Almost too hot for the water park. Grant got Rock Band for his birthday, so we have have a new toy to enjoy in the air conditioning!

More later...hopefully not too much later. :)

5 comments:

SG said...

Mike Cope tries not to ever tell when he is going to be gone on his blog for that very reason and becasue he doesn't want people to know his wife is alone. He only talks about being gone when he gets back...unless the family is with him. Still it does make you wonder.

When I was prego with EK I had a freaky thought about some strange crazy woman stalking me after reading I was having a healthy baby and taking my baby. I got over it.

Good to hear from you!

rachel said...

i understand your concerns... i think the suggestions above are wise. i was sad that april had to stop... i enjoy reading both of your blogs. we are still a ways off from finding our daughter and our son's sister and i love reading about other's wonderful stories.

your summer sounds fun... stay cool!!

best regards,
rachel

Susan - said...

Don't stop blogging. You make a good point though. We all need to be more careful about what we blog about.
We saw Dick and Ruthie yesterday. We talked about Farm Fest and how we are looking forward to meeting Halle Grace.

Michelle said...

We took a road trip recently and didn't blog about it....what happened while April and her family were away made me think twice.

Anyway, I was glad to see you posted. I have been thinking about you guys. Any problems from Dolly?

April Bethea said...

Hey, wow, I've been a big blog slacker too! I've been slacking on reading them!! (hehe) I actually feel like canceling my blog was the best thing I could have done. It was so nice to find out that our home wasn't burglarised because of posting on the blog though (the police have a really crazy conspiracy theory about it that I will have to tell you about sometime). It's nice to not have to post about everything we do. Not that I felt obligated before, but, okay, yes I did feel obligated. It was so fun to have a blog, but I feel free now. Okay, I hope that makes sense. I think that some day I will do another one... maybe for our next adoption! (If I can talk my husband into doing it again, that is! :)