Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Grant

What a weekend! After our fireworks and fun on Thursday night, we spent a great day at my parents house swimming and eating. Lots of eating. Pioneer Woman's Flag Cake was one of the best things I have ever tasted. That thing is pure evil. It's one of those foods that make you understand the temptation to become bulimic. (Did I really just say that?).

Anyway, a great time was had by all! Saturday was spent cleaning house, then we rewarded ourselves with a trip to the movies. There isn't much better than sitting in an air-conditioned movie theater on a HOT Texas summer day. The boys finally saw Indiana Jones while Halle Grace and I saw Kit Kittredge. We LOVED Kit! It's just one of those movies that makes you proud to be an American. However, it's the marketing geniuses at work again. I really want a Kit doll now. :)

Then today is Grant's birthday! He's eight years old, and you've never seen a kid so proud to be eight. With his new age comes 2 new milestones...a later bedtime and the new chore of helping Daddy with the yard work. He feels so big! Here he is modeling a couple of the gifts he opened first thing this morning (hence the great hair)...a Romo jersey and a Dallas Cowboys watch.

Today we took 6 kids (including our 3) to Texas Stadium for a tour. After seeing a suite, the locker room and the "tunnel", we got to play on the field for about 20 minutes. It was a kid's dream-come-true. Scott would throw the boys passes and they would run for touchdowns, followed by a little dance. So fun! After that we went out for pizza and had birthday cake. It was such an easy party, and one of Grant's favorites.

Happy birthday, Sweet Boy! We are so proud of who you are becoming. Your energy and your passion for life are contagious. Your kindness towards others always amazes us. And your love and pride towards your family is inspiring. We love you G-1, and we can't wait to see what God will do in your next 8 years!

7 comments:

LYN said...

Hooray for Grant!! We love you. We can hardly wait for our family birthday party for you tomorrow. Love you all, Dee and Granddad

SG said...

We too had a birthday this weekend! And with the 4th and all the family and friend parties...it seems like the celebrations just keep going and going! Happy Birthday Grant!

Michelle said...

All of these July baby boys!!! Happy Birthday Grant!

sahmqueen said...

I was thinking about you as I was surfing the web. I forgot your website so I googled your name and adoption, and there it was. I was so thrilled. I just have to say again, "God bless you and your family." I was blessed just watching the slide show of Grace coming home. Can't wait to read more. Will you be a part of Kristen's group in the fall? Also, I can't remember, do you homeschool?

Glory

junglemama said...

Happy Birthday Grant!

rachel said...

hi,

just wanted to drop a note... i guess i was spoiled and loved being to read your blog entries. not sure if you stopped for a similar reason to april.

in any case, hope you are all well!!

best regards,
rachel

SG said...

Did you stop blogging? :)