Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cowboys, Tea Parties, and Race Cars


Western Day was Friday at school. We are not really a cowboy type of family, so we're always scrounging on days like this! Fortunately we had these hats from a visit last summer to the Big Texan with Papa and Grandma Hinshaw. Kindergarten does it up big with wagon rides, stick-horse races, and tons of cowboy fun. :)

Our big news is that Grant's Pinewood Derby car won 1st place in his den at the big derby this weekend! Grant says he would like to thank the people who helped make this happen... Grandad - thanks for helping me build the car, Mom - thanks for helping me paint it, and Dad - thanks for getting to to weigh the right amount and for the graphite on the wheels!
Way to go, Grant!




These pictures are from a tea party that Halle Grace and I planned for Molly and some various animals. Once Garrett heard there was real food involved, he joined in too.


Notice Halle Grace and Molly's matching tu-tus?
She is such a girly-girl!
I KNEW she would be.
God knows me through and through.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like there is always something special happening at the Hinshaw's. Grant, the car looks great!

GrandDad

Kevin and Krista said...

Looks like fun! Sounds like things are going well. Glad you are blogging again. I have to force myself because it is the only way I will remember anything. life is too busy! :(

You'll have to tell me where you got the cute American Girl outfit. My girls are really into them right now and I would love to get them some clothes for their birthdays.

So happy your family is doing well.
:) Krista

Michelle said...

What fun you all are having!

Luke built is Derby car but decided not to race it. Not sure why but I think he just had fun working on it with Drew.

Love the tea party!

Did you find out if your stuff you sent to the orphanage ever made it there?

Keep blogging!

Heather said...

I'm so glad to find your blog! I love to blog stalk!! :)