What a feeling! Months of paperwork is now en route to Ukraine! I drove to Austin today (with my dad, who also had business in Austin), went straight to the state apostilling office...10 minutes and $100 later, I was off to FedEx to send our completed dossier to our facilitator in Ukraine. The man working at FedEx had an interesting take on Ukraine. Here is the conversation:
him: So you're adopting from the Ukraine?
me: yes (thinking to myself...but's it's just "Ukraine", no "the")
him: did you know women outnumber men there by 3 to 1?
me: no. I didn't know that. Interesting.
him: I was looking at a website for mail-order brides. Ukrainian women
are gorgeous. You're going to get one gorgeous kid.
What is up with that? People actually do that mail-order bride thing? Weird!!! Anyway, it was a successful trip. I even got to meet my college roommate, Traci, for lunch at Chuys (yummmm). Tonight, I will go to bed with a weight off of my shoulders. This adoption is not only figuratively out of our hands, but now physically our of hands as well. Thank you, Lord!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Dossier en Route
Labels: Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hi Julie
Congrads you are on your way.
It was fun to put a face with your name. I am excited to follow your journey.
Leanna
Post a Comment