Monday, February 25, 2008

Time to Make your Presence Known!

After much thought and research, we have come to the decision to make our blog private while in Ukraine (beginning March 6). Since we use all of our real names, and want to post pictures while there, we are choosing the "better safe than sorry" route. I talked with another pre-adoptive parent and she told me that her agency advised against keeping a public blog because in the past, Ukraine officials had read it and didn't like something on it...it ended up nearly costing them their adoption in court. Although this is not very likely, we'd rather not take the chance, no matter how small.

So...if you read our blog, and would like to follow along on our adventure in Ukraine, just send me your email address and I'll send you an invitation to my blog. Don't be shy - we love sharing our journey and would love to take everyone along (friends, family, blog friends, pre and post adoptive parents, lurkers...)!
Just email me at julie.hinshaw@sbcglobal.net, subj: blog access

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Kalee said...

Ahhh it's getting so close! Cannot wait to meet my new Cousin! =)
Love ya!

ArtworkByRuth said...

This is a very wise decision. We would love to continue with you if you would let us, as lurkers of course. LOL!

SG said...

I hope you back to being public once you are home because I know your story will be an inspirational one!

April Bethea said...

You HAVE to include us!! I think you already have my email though. :) I think you are right to worry about the public blog thing... Jason and I lost a lot of sleep worrying about who was looking at it & I think if we had to do it over again we would either have made it private or just not have posted anything until after court. Very smart to be thinking ahead!!