Once again, the weekend is over and I don't know where it went! From Friday to Sunday, we had 3 birthday parties, church, basketball practice and a basketball game. It is now 19 days until we leave for Ukraine, and I am really getting serious about my list now! The procrastination time is over.
Goals this week:
1) Figure out how to translate our DVDs into iPod movies (someone told me about software you can download online that will do this I think)
2) Order the books I want to bring with me...
Russian/English Dictionary,
The Blood and the Glory
Pride and Prejudice (I watched the movie again this weekend, and I think I could watch it every day. I also love the Katherine Hepburn version. But I've never read the book! There is no better time, I think. :)
The Connected Child (thanks for the recommendation, Kathy!)
3) Make my Costco list and plan a few meals to put in the freezer for my sister-in-law and the boys while we are gone
4) Scott will go to the bank to discuss getting our cash - Ukraine only accepts clean, crisp bills!
5) Head to Grapevine Mills mall to buy spring clothes that the boys will need while we are gone...oh - and Easter basket stuff too!
Tomorrow I'm flying to Charlotte for the day to hang out with my friend, Renee. I can't wait! We are going to the smocking store to get all of my projects together for the trip.
I finished smocking Zoey's (ny niece) Easter dress over the weekend, and it needs a little help. I'm hoping Renee can help me fix it up a couple of details!
19 Days until we'll be "Leavin' on a Jet Plane"! Don't you just love John Denver?
Monday, February 18, 2008
Whirlwind Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Get "The Bradt Guide to Ukraine 2007" if you can as well! This was invaluable in describing history, customs and gave us maps of our city and places to eat, see and stay. We knew more about the city than our facilitator. LOL! Also, our bank took 10 days to get us the crisp bills as they had to order it!
We already have the guide book and I love it! It's sitting on my nightstand! :)
It's almost heeeeere! :)
Hi Julie,
I don't know Ryan and Renee. I hope you have a great time here in Charlotte. The weather has been beautiful!
Zoey is a lucky girl, that dress looks adorable. Have fun in Charlotte. 19 more days - wow!
Post a Comment