Saturday, April 5, 2008

Last Saturday in Ukraine!

Todays visit with Halle was one of my favorites...and it's the one time I didn't bring my camera!!! Ughh!
We were outside, playing near her groupa. She ran over to "Mama Nadia" (her favorite caregiver) to take the dried apricots I brought for the kids. A few minutes later, all the kids came running over to us to say "spa-see-ba" (thank you). It was precious! Eventually, Halle's friend, Christina, came over to play with Halle and I. She is 6 years old, and beautiful - so sweet and polite, too. Halle Grace says she is a "good girl". The rest of the visit, she and Halle Grace put on little shows for me, taking turns singing and dancing - sometimes individually, sometimes together. It was the cutest thing ever! I'm going to check and see if Christina is available for adoption and just bring her home, too (just kidding, but I pray that she will find her "happy ending").

For lunch, Brandon, Katie, and I went downtown for a last little celebration! We had great food, and just wandered around a little. Tomorrow will be a busy day with church and Oksana coming in. I'll also need to get laundry done and packed, because Monday will be even busier! I'll try to post Monday after we pick up Halle Grace from the orphanage. Please pray for favor with the judge and other workers that will process our paperwork on Monday so we can get it all done. It will be a crazy day!

I will be announcing the "Commie" winners soon...if you want to enter one last comment for the grand prize, now's your chance! :)

3 comments:

Brandon said...

I've got an idea for what you can do with Halle on a visit! You can bring her to our house to spend the night, and we can do our nails, and stay up and eat strawberry swirl ice cream! Yessss!

Brandon

The Whatley's said...

Can you believe your about to say things like "day after tomorrow" and "tomorrow" and then...."remember yesterday when we were in the Ukraine?!"
YAY! I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to meet her!
Scott didn't ref our game today - we won 49-0...yes Shea scored one!
Come home soon!
Love and kisses and squeezes on the cheek!
The Whatley's
p.s. Gateway tonight 5:45 woop woopin it up!

Carriesfirst12G0 said...

HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!
WOW you really are in the final stretch and I know how those last days must feel like ten in comparison because it is so close.
Look at the positive side of all this waiting. God is teaching you and your entire family so much about patience and an even deeper appreciation for family and friends.
I will definitely say Larry and I learned those exact same lessons the two times Luke was in Iraq. Hang in there became our motto as we would get rare calls from Iraq to hear about six hour firefights or that our son and the other Marines he was with were spared only because an insurgent buried a bomb to deep.
But, the BEST lesson in having to "hang in there" has got to be how powerful our God is and how He hears our heart and what we need even if we have yet to ask. Just as He brought you all Halle Grace,
before you even knew of her and how God would know to speak to you through one of your own children so that you would be listening and hearing as only a Mother could. Blessings to you all. :))
Much love from the Prince family.