Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tommorow

Brandon and Katie have the Annie soundtrack, and for those that know me well, you know it's one of my all-time favorites. And now I'm sort of living it (except our home isn't EXACTLY like Daddy Warbucks)! Yes, we admit we've made jokes about teaching Halle some of the songs...like "It's a Hard Knock Life". hehe. Aweful, I know! It's only funny because her life at the orphanage has been NOTHING like Annie's (except maybe for the "orphan wear"!) :)
Sometimes, while out walking, we'll sing the "Sandy" song to the wild dogs that roam free..."dumb dog, why are you following me...I ain't got a crumb dog, how about letting me be...".
I'm telling you, the parallels to that classic musical just go on and on! :)

Anyway, the Annie theme song for today is "Tommorrow", because that is the day I get to take Halle with me, and the day her life changes forever! Let's have a quick look at the classic orphan theme-song.... :)

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

(wow - I feel like I've been posting a ton lately! It will slow down over the next couple of days, though. If you haven't checked in in awhile, scroll down and catch up. Also check out the new Mariupol pics to the right)

10 comments:

Susan - said...

Thanks for the smile this morning. Tomorrow! Can you believe it? It must be somewhat like Christmas Eve for you.

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe it's actually THIS close. She just has no idea what she's in for!
Had a good time with Scott, Grant, and Garrett yesturday. Looks like Zoey may be warming up to Scott.
It's late in the day for you, so I can now say that next time you see Halle Grace you will take her away from that orphanage. Halle-lou-ya!

The Whatley's said...

OMG! It can't slow down...can you blogger from the plane? What am I going to do? hmmmm? My kids are like "are you looking at that girl again?" "mom get off the cmptr" "mom - if you don't get in the car and off the computer we'll miss my game"....pathetic, huh?
HAHA!
The Whatley's

The Whatley's said...

I just remembered something...

remember that time at SL Blvd church, on a Sunday night - our team was watching the kids, and Grant was in the nursery...and I was holding him, cuz he was crying or something..and we walked up and hit a butterfly (or balloon or something) and he cracked up...and we kept doing it...and he had the funniest/hartiest laugh...and it was so funny - just cause we were smacking that thing....i love that kid! simple.
The Whatley's

SG said...

I LOVE Annie! So glad your real life version is finally coming true and little Halle didn't have to have such a "Hard knock Life" at her orphanage first! :) "Maybe" I can comment with an Annie tune in every sentence?!?!
Cant' wait for you to get Halle home becasue "I think she's gonna like it here." Hope your time in Kiev will be "Easy Street". Even in orphan wear "You're never fully dressed without a smile" and hers is so beautiful! If they loose your luggage on the trip home just look at Halle and bust out with "I don't need anything but you!" You guys are going to love doing all the things that "Little Girls" love to do. I guess you can tell "We got Annie" too. When you get home "Let's go to the Movies!(OK that last one was a stretch!)" Hope read great things from you "Tomorrow!"
:) And to think I just missed the Commies!

Carriesfirst12G0 said...

That song has a whole new meaning now and I'll always think of your family from now on when I hear it. So sweet. Love you. :)

Shannon said...

Amazing pics--wow! Brandon is a talented & inspiring photographer. So many great pics, but I especially love the b&w one with the colored reflection in the alley way. Julie--praying for everything to go as planned tomorrow. Can't wait to have you gals back home! Safe travels. Peace, Shannon

Kalee said...

ooo.. i'm excited!! I cannot wait! The Sun's out by now and this is the day that Halle Grace will drive away with you!!!!!!! Hip Hip HOORAY! Cant wait til' thursday though!! Love ya. .blessings on this last leg of the race!!

Shawn and Megan Mitchell said...

Wowie! Today's the day God's plan for this adoption comes full circle. And all the while preparing your hearts for her and her's for a family. He knew you'd be the perfect fit for each other.
Congratulations! Watching Him bless you and your family has been an honor.
And this is just the beginning...
Praying for safe travels home.

krispence96 said...

..Just wanted to send you this poem that I wrote for our next child..I thought of you and Madeline and precious Halle Grace:
To You..
To You, whom I never would have known, had I not lost first.
To you, whom I never would have held, had my arms not been empty first.
To you, whose heart I never would have felt beating, had mine not been broken first.
To you whom I never would have seen smile, had I not felt sorrow first.
To you, who reminded me that God restores our hope and that joy does come with the morning.
To you...

I am so happy for you and I hope you and Halle and me and Chloe can get together really soon and do lots of "girlie things!" :) Love, Kris <><