Monday, May 26, 2008

Indiana Jones and Princesses


Many discussions on our house right now revolve around Indiana Jones and Disney Princesses. I have to hand it to Disney. They are just a bunch of marketing geniuses over there. They have my boys obsessed with Indiana (Grant's excitement over these movies come from the ride at Dinseyland! Garrett pretty much likes it because Grant likes it! :) We have shown them two of the old Indy movies, with our close supervision and actively using the fast-forward button when needed. And boy do those movies need it... :)

Halle Grace LOVES the Disney Princesses. Cinderella is her favorite, but this week she saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time, and loved that one too. She wants everything princess - bike, helmet, fruit snacks, band-aids, toothbrush, bubble bath. Marketing geniuses I tell you!

What is even more amazing is that these are the SAME movies Scott and I watched as kids. That's some serious miles on those movies! Who would have even thought that we would all be watching those same movies we loved as kids with our own kids. I wonder which ones will stick around for them to watch with their children?

4 comments:

Kalee said...

so when are you guys going to go to Disney land??? This summer by chance?? That would be INCREDIBLEEEEE. lol. I miss you guys. Hm, how is life for you guys? Fill me in on Hinshaw world.. you should email me. Love ya'll.. send me updates!!

... said...

Amazing isn't it Julie how long those movies last! I sorted through VHS tapes from 16 years ago! I so didn't want to toss them with this move...hung on to the favorites hoping the VCR will work for several more years...technology is moving so fast I am afraid the VCR will be obselete before our are finished with the VSH tapes!

Besitos,
Lisa
http://payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com/

P.S. Today is day 10 of the 20 day waiting period! (hoping they stick to 20!)

SG said...

I think it is a marketing ploy.. Have you ever noticed how they seem to bring back toys (ie Strawberry Shortcake, Transformers) when the first generation that enjoyed them get to the child bearing years... And boy does it ever work on me! :) I have bought so many "I loved that when I was little" toys for my kids. :}

April Bethea said...

Sophiya hasn't figured out the princesses yet (thank goodness!), but my boys have definitely gotten into Indiana Jones. That's all they talk about too & they LOVED the movie. Except for the scary stuff that still makes them scared to go to bed at night... ;)