This is my blog entry from two short years ago today...
As a mother, this is the memory that is the equivilent to the moments I held each of the boys after they were born.
In she walked – this precious little girl. It’s one of those moments you know will stay in your memory and in your heart forever. She had on a purple turtleneck, a denim jumper with a butterfly on it (which she was very proud of!), yellow knee-high socks, and silver sandals. Her brown hair was in a ponytail, and I was just dying to take down that hair and play with it! She was very polite and we spoke to her via our translator. She started telling us all the things she likes to do – she likes Cinderella, dressing up, baby dolls with strollers, cooking, and dancing. Then she belts out in PERFECT speech this Russian poem about sunflowers! Precious! We knew right away that she was meant to be ours. We showed her the photo book we brought with pictures of our family, our home, friends, etc. She pointed to the bed in “her” room and said, “I want to lie down on THAT bed” (in Russian, of course). Little does she know the hours I spent choosing that fabric and making that bed look perfect just for her! When it was time for her to go, she gave me the biggest hug and would not let go. I also got a couple of kisses on the cheek…while she probably got all wet from my tears! What a precious gift this little girl is!
It's amazing to read this post and realize that, although she has been through so many changes, she is still that same little girl who charmed us that day. She still loves the same things...she's just added more to the list. She still can't get enough hugs and kisses. What an amazing journey it's been since that day! We're still on that journey...and God continues to knit our hearts together. We have learned that it is a process, with some days easier than others. We stand on God's promises and are so thankful...
Click here to see the old video of Halle Grace's Russian sunflower poem





1 comment:
Love your comments at the end, Julie. I totally understand the love and journey!
Post a Comment