The Amazing Race finale was tonight! It's our favorite show - it's really the only one we have set to record on our DVR right now...(well, I guess not anymore since it ended tonight!). My favorite team won, which has never happened! TK and Rachel were the winners of the $1 million dollar prize, and they earned it. They were the classic case of "nice guys really can finish first". I was so excited when they crossed the finish line I could hardly stand it! :) It's such a fun show, and it's the one show we'd really like to be on. It got me thinking about Ukraine, and how that trip will have many similarities to the Amazing Race. Lots of running around, following various instructions, only to get there and have to wait...navigating various modes of transportation...not being able to speak the native language while trying to find your way...emotional and stressful ups and downs...unusual foods...having to pack light...and there is a great prize at the end! :) Can you believe we've hit the 50 day mark on our countdown?
We had a nice weekend hanging out with friends and family. We took the boys to their first hockey game on Friday (the Fort Worth Brahmas), and Grant is hooked! He discovered that one of the players is also named Grant, so he had fun cheering for him. He actually cried when it was time to leave! Garrett had his second basketball game this weekend, which was a big improvement from last week when none of them really knew what they were doing. They still lost, but I don't think they noticed. They were much more concerned about the snack time at the end of the game than the score! As usual, lots of sports on the weekends for this family of boys. I love it and wouldn't change it, but it will be nice to throw some ballet or gymnastics into the mix! :)
Sunday, January 20, 2008
AMAZING Race!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Oh come on, Grant can take ballet & Garrett can take gymnastics. Scott wouldn't mind, would he?!?! :-)
We LOVE the Amazing Race, too! One of our definite faves! You & Scott should so go on it. Chris would probably kill me by the end b/c I'd be scared to do most of those things!
The Amazing Race is awesome!! Did you know that Brian and I tried out for it? I know! Crazy! Obviously we weren't selected but it was fun making the video to send in. Always one of those things we get to say we did! And show to people as entertainment when they come over. Probably not as interesting to them as it is to us!!!!!!
We have ONLY girlies and we are so covered up w/ games & activities, I think Dave is about to scream!! I told him he married the wrong girl if he expected our kids to do nothing!! Addi does soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball, AND ballet, tap & jazz (not all at once)!!! She thinks she should do voice, guitar, & tennis too!! I do have my limits!! Emee tried soccer once and that's all -- she will be our girly girl -- she does figure skating & piano! Kendie is the gymnist and does soccer -- always busy here, but the girly stuff makes it really fun!!! We all got our nails done yesterday while in Houston!! :o)
I love the Amazing Race it is my favorite show as well!
Luckily traveling to Ukraine will not be as stressful once u meet your child and have lots of time to hang out. BUT waiting to meet your child and going into the SDA...STRESS-O-RAMA!
Post a Comment