I hope to be home with Halle Grace by this time next week!
Good news from the Embassy today - they received our updated approval! Since Scott went through Kiev to sign his part of the paperwork before leaving, the forms have already been filled out...they just need Halle's medical check and some signatures! :)
Our plan now is for Oksana and me to run around like crazy on Monday, hoping to all the birth certificate and passport paper work done. You would think that shouldn't take all day, but yes it will, and that will be much quicker than in most regions. When we're finished, we'll go to the orphanage to say our good-byes, give gifts, get Halle Grace out of that "orphan wear", and out of that orphanage! What an amazing moment that will be - to drive out of that driveway for the last time, with Halle beside me!
Halle Grace and I will spend the night at Brandon and Katie's (and yeay- they can translate! :) Then the two of us are on a plane to Kiev at 7:20 on Tuesday morning, and straight to the embassy. This gives us plenty of time to get everything finished at the embassy, and do a little sightseeing too! So...if there's space for us on that Thursday morning Delta flight, we'll be on it!
Today was so funny with Halle Grace! She was all about her imagination. We spent the morning outside (finally!), pretend-fishing with long sticks in the rain puddles. We would catch the "fish" (soggy, muddy leaves) and pile them up, and she would get so excited to see how many fish we had! This entertained her the entire visit! This afternoon, while inside, she found a little packet of sugar in my purse and asked what it was. I thought I knew the Russian word for sugar, but I guess not because she didn't know what I was talking about. So I told her it was for coffee or tea (I know those words in Russian...aren't you impressed?). She got all excited and said something about coffee and groupa and "be right back". A minute or two later, she appeared with a tea cup filled with water. She called it her "coffee" and was so proud of herself. I sprinkled some sugar into the water and stirred it with a pencil. She sipped it just like a little lady and sept saying how tasty her coffee was! So funny! Puddle-fishing and a tea/coffee party all in one day - visits don't get much better than that!
Friday, April 4, 2008
Last Friday in Ukraine?!?!
Labels: Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
MMM.. sugar water COFFEE!!! Maybe she has a future with Starbucks?? lol. Sounds so much fun. And Fishing... ooo yeahhhhh.. I remember when Uncle kenny and the boys went "fishing" in the pond... maybe she'll get to join in on that someday soon too! hehe.. Hooray for the Last Friday... =) cannot wait!
The boys and I collected "fishing worms" from the water running in the drain and gutters after a really hard rain. Garrett and Sophia had so much fun collecting them. They then shared them to where Garrett took half to his flowerbed and Sophia took half to her flowerbed. They are going to let them grow so they can find them later and fish with them!! They had a pail with dirt with at least 60 or more worms inside!
Yes, it's almost time. I'm going to ask my boss for Thursday and Friday off so I can be here for the festivities. Love, mom
I'm so happy for you, Julie! I couldn't stand not being able to check your blog while we were in China. I had no clue if you had found your daughter or not. And now...your almost home! Can't wait to see pictures of the entire family together.
Amy
*And* you got your updated age approval!! Phew! After being so still for so long in Mariupol, now you're going to feel a whirlwind.
Your sweet daughter sounds so smart! I love her imagination.
Post a Comment