During our visit this afternoon, Halle and I went outside because it was so nice out! It was cloudy, but close to 60 degrees. We were big rebels because I didn't make her wear her hat. We got in trouble later, when a caretaker spotted Halle outside without her hat on! Come on, people! We had fun making "salad" out of anything green we could find...mostly new spring weeds and some pine needles. It was delicious! :) hehe
I've taught her to sing the chorus of Jesus Loves Me, and while making salad, she started singing it! How sweet is that?
Here is a picture of Halle and her little friend, Vera, who is being adopted by an American mom from New York. Yes, that thing on Halle's head is a bow, and yes it is attached to her hair! This is what bows look like here, and it just cracks me up! She came down all spiffed up this morning after a dance recital of some kind. She told me about all about it, but unfortunately, I have no idea what she said! I just smile and nod my head and say "da" alot... :)
This is a fun picture from our little "dress-up" visit yesterday. She is such a ham for the camera - loves to pose and then look at the picture on the camera LCD. Such a girly-girl!
And I'm finally uploading pictures from the Morning Market that I posted about earlier. The first one is a long row of vendors selling potatoes and onions. These are major staples here. I've never eaten so many potatoes in my life! The second picture will be a mystery to Americans, as bags are free with purchase everywhere at home. Here, plastic bags are something you buy and reuse - they can be precious commodities. They are a sort of status symbol as well it seems. My favorite vendor at the market is the third picture. It's one of the many places you can buy those stilettos that make Ukrainian women who they are. Everyone wears them here - and the gaudier the better. It's truly a sight to behold! (you can click on the pictures to see more detail - I know you want an up-close look at those boots! hehe)


Tuesday, April 1, 2008
April 1
Labels: Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





16 comments:
OMG Julie are you so sick of potatoes!!! The bag thing cracks me up. I never bring a bag to the market and they think I am crazy because I want more than 2 bags for a cart full of groceries! How many boots are you going to buy and take home as presents for your friends???
I forgot to comment on the bows for the girls hair...you should see Tetyana and the bows she wears! They are huge and some are hanging and curly! I don't know what these girls are going to do when they go to America?
I love all of the fun pictures. It really brings back fond memories. I actually bought a pair of shoes from the market while we were there. I love them. The shoes I bought are not quite as crazy as some that you might see on a Ukrainian women's foot.
Heather
Look at that face, she has the eyes of a free spirit!
I love the pics!
Thank you Julie for your kind and uplifting words on our blog. We are so happy for you and your beautiful family. We have been following your "adventure" and have kept you in our prayers. Your faith has been so very encouraging to us. I love the scriptures that God laid on your heart. I will pray this scripture now as well for our children and all of the children who are being kept from their new families.
Thanks for your example.
Cindie Wolff
Thank you Julie for your kind and uplifting words on our blog. We are so happy for you and your beautiful family. We have been following your "adventure" and have kept you in our prayers. Your faith has been so very encouraging to us. I love the scriptures that God laid on your heart. I will pray this scripture now as well for our children and all of the children who are being kept from their new families.
Thanks for your example.
Cindie Wolff
Thank you Julie for your kind and uplifting words on our blog. We are so happy for you and your beautiful family. We have been following your "adventure" and have kept you in our prayers. Your faith has been so very encouraging to us. I love the scriptures that God laid on your heart. I will pray this scripture now as well for our children and all of the children who are being kept from their new families.
Thanks for your example.
Cindie Wolff
Julie-
She is GREAT!! I was kinda bummed out when your blog went private, so I did not have access the last few days to keep up with your family. Congratulations on a smooth trip. We will continue to pray for your new family!! I am EXCITED for you- Thanks for sharing!
Melinda
I wear size 8....i like the pink glitter ones! jk jk jk...I keep telling Gary he can't have them!
The Whatley's
Oh boy, I was wanting some spike heeled, sparkly boots. ha
Enjoyed the pics of the market. We really don't realize how easy we have it here, do we?
OK, I have been thinking about this. If 60 degrees is hat weather, what is considered warm?
Hi Julie
She is a cutie!
I highly recommend buying a few of the bows. Although they are so silly it might be an itme you wished you had for her Ukie goodies (and the cute tights too!)
I had to laugh about the hat.
They had Nik in wool clothes and hat in June to go outside. Poor little guy was miserable!
Your latest photos of Halle Grace are precious. She is such a cute girl.
I think I recall seeing Vera while we were at Solnichka. I'll have to ask Leeza if she recognizes her.
My calculations may be off, but I think you must be at about day 8 so the wait won't be much longer. I know how much you are ready to take Halle Grace with you and go home.
You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
I heard that the bows represent how loved the little girl is. The bigger the bow, the more she is loved! :)
She is adorable and I am so happy for you!
I know what you mean about the "bow" thing! All the girl's had these in their hair! Too funny!
Post a Comment