Thursday, April 3, 2008

Welcome Home at the Airport

This is Scott posting.

We would love to have a crowd to meet Julie and Halle when they arrive. I know it is a little early to know for sure when they are coming, but Plan A has them arriving on April 10 (Thursday) at 8:24 pm on AA flight 487 from JFK.

Some have asked if we only want family at the airport. The answer is that all are welcome. Dates and times may change and we will try to communicate changes as we learn them.

If you plan on greeting them at the airport, please send me a note at scott.hinshaw@aa.com and include your name and cell phone number. We may also have a meet and greet where people can meet Halle later on.

6 comments:

Shawn and Megan Mitchell said...

Fun thing to do with Halle:
Have a staring contest!
See who can count to 604,800(seconds until you get home, give or take) without blinking.
Oh, how the time will pass doing that! Ha! Ha!

Really, though, maybe collect a few things from around her orphanage, like rocks, leaves, coins, sticks, etc. and make a memory box. Or...
When my grandmother came here from England as a warbride, she brought a little slip of a plant with her. It grew from her love and had to be split many times. It now grows in all of her sons and daughters gardens. ( I hope to get a piece this summer) Even if the plants have died off for the season, you may be able to get some of the root.
Just wrap it in wet paper towel and a plastic bag and HIDE it in your luggage!

Always on my mind...
Megan

Shawn and Megan Mitchell said...

Oh, I forgot... I am thinking I'll fly on down to Texas for your homecoming!;)

Wish I could be there, please have someone take some video to share!

... said...

Gosh I wish we could be there!

When we fly back from Spain to the U.S. this summer and we are settled into our home in Texas - we will have to get together.

I am so excited for you all!

The Whatley's said...

hey Julie!
Ya' know what, I spend more time on the computer now than I ever did! I have been caught up in this crazy "web" of blogging adoption pages. I am not sure how much looking around you are doing - but you are freakishly crazily blessed with Halle! OMG! Some of those over there are leaving (some for the 2nd time) with nothing...not even hope! I hope you realize that this is AMAZING! God has great great plans for your family and Halle - what a blessing she will be to America....there is a reason....on second thought don't read any more blogs of others - it's killing me! I feel awful for them...just awful!
I am so excited for you.
Again, I apologize to everyone that had to read this - I'm not good on the cmptr and I don't know how to send it to just Julie.
peace out chicky!
The Whatley's

SG said...

Elizabeth is so right! Thanks to you I am addicted to these adoption stories/blogs. As you well know, not all of them go as well as your has. I'm SOOOO grateful that you have found Halle and will be home in less than a week! Did you read that ...less than a week! WOO HOO! Can't wait to hear how it's going over there!

Susan - said...

You are almost home. That is so exciting! I would be ar the airport if I could. That is how caught up in you story I have been. We have all been blessed by your faith and positive attitude.