Okay, just one check, really. Today I accomplished purchasing a purse/tote for Ukraine. I wanted something inexensive and functional, as I am sure it will take a beating on our trip. I found a great bag at Target (sorry, coudn't find a picture online). It INCLUDES a small address book/notepad and a small umbrella, has lots of pockets, and zippers to keep everything safe! I also got (though not officially on the list) some great leather gloves on sale, and a cute bedside table at Marshall's for little sister's room. I told you I would be checking off the "to purchase" list first... :)
We are having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night that have spent lots of time in Ukraine doing mission work. We are so excited to learn all we can from them! Go visit their blog...
I went to the smocking store today to get some fabric and a new smocking plate for my sweeet friend Stacie's baby girl. Any baby girl coming into the world as kid #4 deserves her own smocked dress, don't you think? :) Can't wait to get started on it!
The shop owner said she would order a smocking plate with Russian nesting dolls for me! How cute will that be
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Check, check, check...this and that
Labels: Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I have to tell you that I decided to teach myself to smock right AFTER my stroke -- you know, that had FAILURE written all over it for many reasons: 1)I couldn't use my hand hardly at all 2)No one was there to help & show me!! Needless to say I still cannot do it! Also, when I told my SIL that I was taking up smocking -- she thought I said "smoking" & couldn't figure out why I was SO excited about THAT habit -- she thought they had rally done a number on my brain!!!! :o)
Post a Comment